An Intercultural association operating in Medicine Hat. Year-round our social events and inclusion programs provide Canadians and international people (newcomers) a platform to meet and build meaningful relationships. Our local volunteers provide English-language-learners with the opportunity to learn the English language through our mentoring program and informal events.
The Next Village
In 2008, The Connection also started “The Next Village,” an initiative to alleviate poverty. We send-out teams from Medicine Hat to visit and participate in humanitarian relief work internationally. The Next Village projects have spanned various countries: South Korea in 2008, Kenya & Uganda in 2009, Costa Rica in 2010, and South Korea & Japan in 2011.
- Training and opportunities for our members to enhance their intercultural communication skills
- Opportunities for English-language-learners to practice and improve their communication skills
- A network for international people to interact with English speaking Canadians and build meaningful relationships
- Travel opportunities for our members to go international for cultural experience and engage in relief efforts
- Mentoring opportunities for newcomers to learn local culture and engage in a new community
Who is a newcomer?
Immigrants | International Students | Temporary Foreign workers | Visitors to Canada |Anyone New to Town